Here are a few tips to help you keep safe when meeting your matches. Remember that you are responsible for your own safety, so using common sense is the best policy. Our team will not generally be available after office hours, so please pay heed to the advice below. If you have any other tips or ideas of best practice while dating, please do share them with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use an email address that does not contain your full name to help preserve your anonymity when first speaking to a match.
- Please be aware that because we have introduced you to a potential partner, it does not mean we can vouch for them 100%. We use our instincts, and also have photo ID of every person on our books. However, people who use a matchmaker are usually more genuine and really do want to meet a partner for a relationship.
- Always have your phone handy.
- Always tell someone where you are going to meet your date, and what time you expect to return.
- Always meet in a public space with other people around.
- Please do not accept (or offer) lifts in private vehicles until you know your date better.
- Please do not give away your private information until you know and trust someone a bit.
- Do not get very drunk, and don’t leave your drink unattended!
- Park somewhere well lit or, better still, get a taxi.
- If anyone behaves disrespectfully or displays any discriminatory behaviour, they will be removed from our database and will not receive a refund.
IMPORTANT UPDATE ON COVID-19:
We are still very happy to accept new applications to join the Catalyst Matchmaking family; even though we can’t facilitate real-life meetups at the moment, we can still get our thinking caps on and be working out some matches for you. We can also help people to exchange contact details so they can chat online until the restrictions are lifted.