The sign-up process
So how does it work?
- Once you’ve made contact with us, we’ll have a chat on the phone to get to know each other a little better.
- If we both feel positive about working together, you will be asked to fill in a profile and provide photo ID.
- We’ll make an appointment for you to meet a matchmaker face to face (or by video call if it’s more convenient).
- This meeting, which usually lasts over an hour, is where we really get to know you. We will discuss your past relationships, how you perceive yourself, and what you feel your preferences are. We will also help you prepare to enter the dating scene and go through your profile together.
- Then we’ll discuss which membership package would be most beneficial for you. We will record a short video of us in conversation, so we can share it with our other matchmakers (but not with other clients!) to help them get a sense of who you are. Learn more about our membership tiers here.
- After deciding on your membership level and making your payment, you have a 14-day ‘cooling-off’ period.
Singing your song
Once you’ve signed up to one of our advanced membership packages (Explorer or Adventurer), it really is all about you. The services we offer to give you the best chance of finding a shared future are as follows:
A professional photoshoot: Once you’ve got your strongest look sorted, you’ll then have a session with a professional photographer, who will capture you in your very best light. You will get to keep the best shots for your own personal use, too.
A relationship advisor: A one-to-one session to explore how you form relationships. By looking at past relationships – both romantic ones and those with friends and family – we can help you to identify patterns and work out how you can best find happiness in the future.
Finalising your profile: Once all the other elements have been completed, we will work together to review and finalise your profile. Once you’re happy with it, the profile will ‘go live’, and we’ll start looking for specific matches.
How do we make a match?
Once your profile is complete, we will then start looking for potential matches for you. Among the factors we consider are:
Age: Age is relative; sometimes people act and look much younger than they are, so we take this into consideration too.
Energy: How active you are, both physically and mentally, will play an important role in deciding the most appropriate matches.
Interests: People with similar interests will have a topic of conversation in common, but it’s also important for everyone to have their own personal interests and passions outside of a relationship.
Educational and professional background: While these factors are considered in making matches, they aren’t necessarily as important as you might think. Open-mindedness and emotional intelligence are every bit as important as educational qualifications or professional expertise.
Life skills: What are you good at? What do you find harder? If you’ve always struggled with DIY, or finance, or cooking, matching you to someone with skills in this area might make you a stronger team.
Instinct: This is where matchmaking comes into its own. As well as considering the practical implications listed above, there’s also that indefinable je ne sais quoi, which only comes from years of experience of making matches. Inspiration can strike at any time, and a matchmaker’s mind is never idle.
Chemistry: This one is down to you. We use all the tools at our disposal to find the best matches for each of our clients, but ultimately we can’t make it happen by magic. And remember, it doesn’t always happen immediately; sometimes it’s the second or even third date where you realise that the magic is happening!
Finding the right match
We will then look through our database and select some available matches who best suit your requirements, before arranging an opportunity for you to meet in person. Every person in our portfolio has been vetted to ensure they are serious about finding love and meeting potential partners.
We insist upon seeing photographic ID and proof of your address to verify identity. We are committed to creating an environment in which you can feel safe, supported and confident as you meet potential partners; for full details, read our dating safety guide and legal policies.
We will, of course, ask for and provide feedback after each meet; we will always aim to make each date more enjoyable than the last.